Over the many years of living with, breeding and loving our Australian Labradoodles, we have discovered a number of products which work best for us and which we are happy to recommend to you. If desired, you can purchase these products directly from our website to save time, and enjoy a substantial discount.
The following are products you should have on hand when you bring your new Acadian Labradoodles puppy home.
1. A crate. You will want a good quality crate that will house your puppy now, and as he grows.
We highly recommend:
Whether starting with a new puppy or starting again with an adult dog, this folding double-door metal dog crate cuts housebreaking time in half and reduces behavioral problems. The exceptionally versatile unit features a divider panel that allows for adjusting the length of the living area. Keeping the living space small enough reduces the chance of the puppy eliminating in one end and sleeping in the other. Choose the size of crate that the dog will need when it reaches its full adult size, a
List Price: $ 129.99
2. A comfortable bed that can be placed inside of your puppy’s crate. It is really important that this item can withstand regular washings. Our favorite is the following:
The Midwest Quiet Time Pet Beds are ideal for use in Crates, Carriers, Dog Houses and Vehicles. Keeps pets cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Quiet Times are available in 3 Colors/ Fabrics- Fleece, Cinnamon Plush Fur and Gray Plush Fur and seven sizes. Bed color conceals shedding. Completely machine washable. Comfortable polyester filled bolsters and cushioned Poly/cotton base.
List Price: $ 42.99
3. 2 (two) solid stainless steel dishes – one for food and one for water. We really like the following product because it is excellent quality and has a unique rubber stopper bottom that will hold the dish in place as your Labradoodle eats or drinks.
Removable anti skid rubber base purchase two for both food and water. Very sturdy, and great for outdoors.
List Price: $ 5.59
4. A Good Brush. Your Labradoodle will need to be brushed regularly, and it is a good idea to start this routine as early as possible. This is a great brush – it glides through your Labradoodle’s coat, detangling and removing any dead hairs. It is comfortable for your puppy and effective on the Labradoodle coat.
Chris Christensen 16 mm T-Brushes are pin brushes with a contoured handle, made to suit any brushing style.
List Price: $ 35.00
5. Shampoo that is gentle for sensitive Labradoodle skin and coat. This particular product was formulated specifically for Labradoodles, and contains oatmeal to calm and condition the skin and coat.
Healthy breeds oatmeal shampoo with aloe vera is a soap-free formulation with colloidal oatmeal and vitamins to relieve dry, itchy skin. This hypoallergenic shampoo works as a natural cleanser and cleans the skin without harsh irritating chemicals. Leaves coat clean, smooth and manageable and helps restore natural moisture and emollients. Safe to use with topical flea control products, may be used as often as necessary, and will not strip your pet’s coat.
List Price: $ 20.89
6. Nail Clipping and/or Filing. Whether you choose to clip your Labradoodle puppy’s nails, file them, or a bit of both, a good quality pair of nail clippers and/or a rotary file are must-haves. Again, starting your puppy early on a nail care routine is a great idea.
Here are a couple of quality products we recommend and use:
List Price: $ 45.98
Introducing the Safe, Simple Way to Trim Your Dog’s Nails at Home
Tired of regularly scheduling appointments?
No time to visit the groomer for a trim?
We got the solution for you…. The BoshelTM Professional Dog Nail Clippers!!
This handy set of large nail clippers for dogs will allow you to trim your pup’s nails professionally at home!
QUALITY- The Clippers are produced to the quality standards demanded by professional dog groomers.
EASE OF USE- Uniquely engineered to e
List Price: $ 39.99
And you should have some of this on hand – just in case you should accidentally clip your the quick of your dog’s nail. You’ll get better and better at trimming nails as you gain more experience, so don’t let this occasional problem stop you from providing your puppy with regular nail trims.
Cardinal Styptic Powder will quickly stop bleeding due to clipping nails or wings, or for minor, superficial cuts to the skin such as nicks from shaving. It is not recommended for use on deep cuts that require stitches or on severe wounds or in body cavities. Manufactured in the USA in our 100% Solar Powered Facility!
List Price: $ 11.49
7. Dental Care. You’re going to need to brush your puppy’s teeth starting from the time you get home, throughout it’s life. Proper dental care is essential to your dog’s health, since they can develop severe problems such as gingivitis and even kidney disease if their teeth are neglected. A daily brushing routine takes only a few minutes, and can add years to your puppy’s life and save you a fortune in veterinary costs.
The following products are highly recommended:
Dog Toothbrush Set
List Price: $ 15.29
8. Potty training supplies will be needed for the first few months of your puppy’s life. You will want to have a product handy to clean up any accidents on carpets, upholstery or bedding. You’ll want some products to help teach your puppy where to go – and where not to go. We recommend the following potty training supplies:
Advanced Stain & Odor The Story of Nature’s Miracle Behind the Nature’s Miracle formula is a family that loves their pets. In 1981, the Original Nature’s Miracle product (intended for use in preschools), was used by founder Joe Weiss to clean-up a pet accident. To his surprise, the formula worked quickly to remove the stain and the odor. Pleased with the success, Joe produced 24 bottles of Nature’s Miracle “Pet Mess Easy Clean-up.” The new cleaner sold out in 48 hours! Pet owners disc
List Price: $ 12.99
Every All-absorb training pad consists of 5 layers of materials. The first layer is made of non-woven cloth, which allows dog urine flow through to the absorbent core quickly. The second layer is made of paper tissue, added with dog attractant and baking soda. The third layer is a mix of super-absorbent polymer and fluff pulp, which forms the absorbent core that can absorb and turn dog urine to gel instantly. The absorbent core can hold 3 cups of liquid. The fourth layer is also made of paper ti
List Price: $ 19.99
Original Spray for Dogs. Discourages fur biting, hair chewing and hot spots. Sizes available: 118AT: 8 oz. 24/case 1116AT: 16 oz. 12/case.
List Price: $ 20.73
9. Collar, Leash and Harness will be needed for your Labradoodle. We recommend purchasing a good quality set that will last a long time, is washable, and chew-proof. Lupine offers a very high quality product, and their many colors and patterns can give your dog a chic look. You can even purchase a special collar for the holidays and special occasions.
We love this set for a girl:
All Lupine products are proudly built in Conway, New Hampshire and Guaranteed (Even if Chewed). Made from jacquard woven nylon, with the pattern woven into the webbing (never printed or sewn on!) 3/4” wide collars are suitable for the widest range of dogs, from terriers to sporting breeds. Features strong bar-tack stitching, welded D-ring and a custom designed side-release buckle. In a range of fashion-inspired patterns with matching leads available. Three adjustable size ranges. To determine
List Price: $ 0.00
All Lupine products are proudly built in Conway, New Hampshire and Guaranteed (Even if Chewed). Made from jacquard woven nylon, with the pattern woven into the webbing (never printed or sewn on!) Features strong bar-tack stitching, unique padded handle and a zinc-plated reverse-gate snap. Offered in a range of fashion-inspired patterns with matching adjustable collars available. Machine wash, warm water, mild soap (no bleach or bleach alternative). Air dry. Lupine products are not recommended fo
List Price: $ 18.99
All Lupine products are proudly built in Conway, New Hampshire and Guaranteed (Even if Chewed). Made from jacquard woven nylon, with the pattern woven into the webbing (never printed or sewn on!) 3/4” wide harnesses are suitable for the widest range of dogs, from terriers to sporting breeds. Features strong bar-tack stitching, welded D-ring and a custom designed side-release buckle. In a range of fashion-inspired patterns with matching leads available. In two girth size ranges. To determine si
List Price: $ 21.99
…and this set for a boy:
(of course, feel free to choose your favorite pattern – there are many to choose from!)
10. A High Quality Dog Food will help your Acadian Labradoodle live a long, happy and healthy life. There are a number of premium dog foods on the market that use human-grade ingredients and animal fat. These are a good choice for your pet. (We have included both adult dog and puppy formulas. You can start them on puppy food and graduate to adult food as your dog matures)
Wellness CORE is our first choice:
You can subscribe on Amazon.com and have the food delivered regularly at great savings over buying at the pet store.
We also like Blue Buffalo. Great quality pet food.
11. Healthy, Natural Treats and Chews are useful both for training your puppy through positive reinforcement – and for helping keep tartar at bay and your dog’s teeth healthy. Avoid the “dog junk food” that is often found in the grocery store aisles, and instead choose from the following items: